about AST serialization

This message was originally sent by Dr X Liu <liu.xk@cs.cf.ac.uk>

---- Forwarded Message ----
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:26:55 +0000
From: Dr X Liu <liu.xk@cs.cf.ac.uk>
To: Mathias.Braux@emn.fr
CC: sablecc-list@sable.mcgill.ca
Subject: about AST serialization

Hi Mathias,

>From the SableCC mail list, I know you have done something to
make AST serializable. I have tried to change the TXT file in
ca/mcgill/sable/sablecc. but it does not work. Could you please
tell which lines should be changed? Should I change the marcos?
When I change the TXT files, what else should I do to take it into
action, recompile some java files something like that?

Below is the message from previous SableCC email list.

Many thanks,

Ken

>Hi Mathias.
>
>Can you tell me what files/macros had to be changed (and confirm that I
>only need to add "implements Serializable"), so that I do the same thing
>in the next SableCC distribution?  It would be nice to provide a
>Serializable AST out-of-the-box.
>
>Thanks
>
>Etienne

Yes, you need to change the token.txt file in order to make Tokens
serializable, the production.txt and util.txt files where classes for
nodes
are described. You do not change any java source code. For the moment, I
did
not find any trouble in saving or restoring AST.

Mathias Braux