Re: Translation of C structs [a rant]

> [...description of the quick hack method that should work in practise...]
That was the goal :)

> Yes and no. One of the reasons for the sorry state of software tools right
> now is that while C (and C++ even more so) is convenient for many tasks, it
> is almost impossible to process automatically, and so everyone either just
> does it by hand or produces half-way solutions such as the one you propose.

I agree with you. My solution relies on the way the input was coded, and it
remains fairly limited. Etienne said it would be difficult to get a
full-featured front-end even with SableCC.
However it would be a nice project to have a tool to produce an AST as you
suggest in (a) .

Regards,
Fabien