Re: Bug in SableCC 2.17.2?

I also wanted to add a couple of minor comments regarding character sets and
"lists".

I had problems with tokens that combined the two. It's been at least a month
and I can't quite remember the scenario but given something simple like:
digits = ['0'..'9'] ;
vowel = 'a' | 'e' | 'i' | 'o' | 'u' ;
message = digit | vowel ;

I had problems with message tokens. At the time it struck me that sets and
lists were not interchangeable which I found rather strange. Although they
are expressed differently, there should be no fundamental difference (that I
can see from superficial thinking.) I wrote vowel as a list because (at the
time) I couldn't figure out how to write it as a set. Of course, one may do
the following (and other variations):
vowel = ['a' + ['e' +['i' + ['o'+'u']]]] ;

Seems silly that the set operator(s) can only handle one operand. Why not
allow: ['a' + 'e' + 'i' + 'o' + 'u'] ? This makes disjoint sets much easier
to define and debug.

As far as the combining of Sets and Lists in a token, I imagine that this
must work and at the time I was just confused. I have been working with
regular expression type grammars and they have a lot of issues with
ambiguious tokens (which is another, long e-mail) so it could simply have
been that the tokens I was defining were ambiguous and I didn't realize it
at the time.

Tom