Re: java-getopt

> that's done and tested.  i used it on my ASN.1 kit with both a normal
> invocation similar to the above as well as with invocation through the
> Sablecc ANT taskdef.

Super.

> ok.  let me summarise:
>
> 1. hard-code the dependency in the build.xml file of the sablecc dist on
> java-getopt-1.0.8.
> include the java-getopt-1.0.8.tar.gz in the source distribution.
> 2. build a minimalist java-getopt.jar to be placed/located in the lib
> directory.
> 3. do the same for sablecc-anttask.
> 4. change the manifest to include a reference to both those resulting jars.

You perfectly understood.  (A small change): Ideally, the
sablecc*-src.tar.gz should only include java-getopt*-src.tar.gz, and
same for anttask, files.  Currently, it includes an anttask which
includes binary code (.jar and/or .class).  I would change this.

Also, we could build "pure" binary distributions that would not include
source files (allowed, as long as source code is distributed on the same
site/location) to rreduce the download size.  I have been reticent to
this in the past, but many have suggested it.  So, as this is becoming a
community driven project, I am open to let users drive the direction.
So, unless somebody has objections to this, we could make the following
distribution files (same for anttask):

sablecc-x.y.z.tar.gz : includes everything (source + binary) [same for
included anttask-x.y.z & getopt]
sablecc-x.y.z-src.tar.gz : sources only (same for included anttask & getopt]
sablecc-x.y.z-bin.tar.gz : only .jar files [open to debate: should it
include anttask.jar or anttask-x.y.z-bin.tar.gz or both?  If it doesn't
include the .tar.gz files, we should make sure there's a LICENSE file
included somewhere in each .jar file.  Make your suggestions]

> why not.  i'll keep you both informed anyway before committing anything
> into the repository.

Can you privately send me your SF username?  (I am lazy, I could find
it;-). Thanks.

Etienne
--
Etienne M. Gagnon                    http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/