Non-member submission from [james@spunkysoftware.com]

[Apparently, this address bounces messages, but the message seems
appropriate for this list.  Etienne.]

-------- Original Message --------
To: "sablecc list" <sablecc-list@sable.mcgill.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 11:51:44 +1000
Subject: Known problems with JDK 1.3.0_02 Win32?

I'm having problems with javac'ing the Java files output from SableCC.

It doesn't import package directory names properly. For example,

import org.blah.whatever.foo.*

doesn't work when a class called org.blah.whatever.foo.Something is
referenced in a file.

And casting doesn't work either, in Visual J++ at least. This is
probably a
Microsoft f***-up with the Java language, SableCC wouldn't cast objects
back
to "Object" if Java didn't allow this.

Do I need to do some jiggery pokery with the CLASSPATH or whatever to
get
the import statements to work? I even tried putting all output in the
same
directory and editing every single file to reflect this, still no luck.

Can someone help me out with this? Thanks!

James