compiler runs out of memory

I'm using a Windows 2000 machine with 512 Megs of memory, over 330 of
which are free, and I keep getting java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when I try
to run the simplec compiler generated by SableCC. I know this is a memory
intensive application, but surely 330 Megabytes is enough to construct an
AST from a very small simplec program. I also tried the postfix example,
and although that compiler doesn't run out of memory, the usage is over
half of what's available. I have the feeling something is wrong since the
statement being compiled is 2+3! Any suggestions as to what is wrong would
be very helpful.

Thanks,
Dave