Ph.D. Thesis Online

Hi everyone.

First, I'd like to thank everyone on the SableVM and SableCC lists for your patience coping with my sparse availability during my Ph.D. studies. I'd also like to more specifically thank the various SableVM developers that ported it to many platforms and helped identifying and fixing bugs.

I have just posted the end result of all this work, my Ph.D. thesis, at:
http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/gagnon-phd.pdf
http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/gagnon-phd.ps.gz

Within the next three weeks, I will take *real* holiday vacations. It has been a very long time since I had vacations with peace of mind (i.e. no thesis to write). Starting in the second half of January, I will become active on both the SableVM and SableCC projects.

Already, many users/developers of both project have contributed new modules and patches. In particular, a student of mine has implemented grammar-specified CST->AST transformations in SableCC (as well as rewriting the front-end so that SableCC is self generating). I will start integrating these changes when I get back froma vacations.

Have fun!

Etienne

--
Etienne M. Gagnon http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/