Parsing a file specification

I need to write the grammar for a language which allows a form of an include statement.   The format of the statments are :
FILENAME=file-spec

where file-spec is a any legal unix type file name.  Note that it is not delimited, unless it contains spaces like:
FILENAME='file with spaces'

The language also allows math type constructs, such as A = b/C.  The trouble is how to tell the difference between an expression that gets parsed as "b/c" or a file named c in subdirectory b, etc.

 From what I can see in the archives, it seems like the suggested way to do this is to build a custom lexer/parser, etc to handle it much like an include.  I was just wondering if there is any other way to do this without the need for customized code?

Thanks

Roger
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com