[Soot-list] NullPointerException

DTH dth.forum at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:54:06 EDT 2006

I inline Project 201_Compress in "jvm98 suite", my package includes:
spec.benchmarks._201_compress, spec.harness, spec.io

My command: java -Xmx256m soot.Main --app -w -debug-resolver -debug
-process-dir "C:\Bench1" -main-class spec.benchmarks._201_compress.Main -p
cg
verbose:true,jdkver:4,trim-clinit:false,safe-forname:true,safe-newinstance:true
-p jb on,use-original-names:true -p jb.ls on -p jb.a off -p jb.ule off -p
jb.tr on -p jb.ulp on -p jb.lns on -p jb.cp off -p jb.dae off -p
jb.cp-uleoff -p
jb.ne off -p jb.uce off -p jj off -p cg.cha on -p wstp off -p wsop off -p
wjtp off -p wjop.smb off -p wjop.si enabled:true,expansion-factor:5 -p wjap
off -p shimple off -p stp off -p sop off -p jtp off -p jop off -p jap off -p
jap.npc on -p gb off -p gop off -p bb off -p bop off -p tag off

Set classpath: Soot classes, Polyglot classes, jasmin classes, Cup classes
and folder "C:\Bench1"

And I get this error:
created spec.harness.RunProgram with modifiers 0
bringing to HIERARCHY: spec.harness.RunProgram
bringing to SIGNATURES: spec.harness.RunProgram
bringing to BODIES: spec.harness.RunProgram
        at soot.coffi.Util.getLocalForIndex(Util.java:840)
        at soot.coffi.CFG.generateJimple(CFG.java:3241)
        at soot.coffi.CFG.jimplify(CFG.java:1464)
        at soot.coffi.CFG.jimplify(CFG.java:1127)
        at soot.coffi.CoffiMethodSource.getBody(CoffiMethodSource.java:98)
        at soot.SootMethod.getBodyFromMethodSource(SootMethod.java:80)
        at soot.SootMethod.retrieveActiveBody(SootMethod.java:304)
        at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.processNewMethod
(OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.java:182)

Does anyone know how to fix it? Help me.
Thanks for any help.