[Soot-list] Newbie's question

Sunny sunfire001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 23:34:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am a newbie in soot. Could someone recommend me some
tutorials/introductions on what soot does and/or examples on how to do that?

I am looking for an appropriate tool to support the implementation of my
project. The project is based on Eclipse 3.0 and requires the ability to
monitor the runtime execution of a java program and to dynamically build an
object graph, whose edges represent the runtime access/reference
relationships between objects.

Basically my monitoring program needs to be notified when an object field, a
local variable, or a parameter is write or read. Also I would like to know
something like the entry/exit points of a method call ...

I used to use AspectJ to implement my project. But unfortunately, AspectJ
does not support the read/write join points for local variables, which are
essential to the accuracy of the object graph. Can Soot do all of those? I
would much appreciate it if you can recommend me some documentation that
best suits my needs.

Thank you!

Sunny