[Soot-list] questions on synchronization

mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca
Sun Apr 23 13:57:52 EDT 2006

On Sun, April 23, 2006 12:33 pm, Arnab De wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm attaching here a small code and its jimple version:

> class Friendly extends Thread..

> My question is where there is a exception throwing in the synchronizd
> methods?

The exception is the implicit IllegalMonitorStateException - since you are
using the synchronized construct in java.. When a thread tries to unlock
an object, for example, that it has never locked, it will throw an
IllegalMonitorStateException. Just part of the cost of doing business with
locks and threads..

Michael