Re: [abc-dev] Pass scheduling

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden_at_mail.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:05:44 -0400

> if you think the monitor is a good idea, I'll add it to one compile
> sequence.
> but I don't know if it's worth the effort if there are many sequences (with
> only minor differences)

In the long term we would want to get rid of much of the redundancy in
the different versions of CompileSequence anyway. It's one of the few
classes in abc that's not really extensible right now - too bad that
you have to deal with exactly that class. I think adding calls to the
monitor would not hurt a lot, though (certainly not in terms of
performance). On the other hand it seems a bit redundant when compared
to the class abc.main.AbcTimer, which already exists in abc. I wonder
if that class is not sufficient for your needs (or an extension of it)
and if it would not suffice to just add a few calls to that class at
the places you care about.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group
McGill University, Montréal, Canada