Re: [abc-dev] abc re-implementation using JastAdd

From: Pavel Avgustinov <pavel.avgustinov_at_magd.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:24:29 +0000

Hi Daniel,

Sorry about the slight delay. Indeed we have now completed the migration, and
the latest version of abc can be built from svn.

To do this, please run

        svn co http://abc.comlab.ox.ac.uk/products/trunk/abc-full

This will get the sources of abc, the abc-ja extension (this is the JastAdd
frontend) and all dependent libraries. To compile abc itself, copy
abc/ant.settings.template to abc/ant.settings and run 'ant'. To compile the
JastAdd frontend, copy abc-ja/ant.settings.template to abc-ja/ant.settings
and run 'ant'.

Some sample extensions to the JastAdd frontend are also included in the
abc-ja-exts folder.

We'd like to apologise for the current lack of documentation on writing
extensions. The new frontend is feature-complete, but we're still actively
working on it; we intend to release a new version of abc (including abc-ja)
before the AOSD conference this year.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Cheers,
- Pavel