Re: [abc-dev] abc re-implementation using JastAdd

From: Julian Tibble <julian.tibble_at_worc.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:53:01 +0000

Luis Daniel Benavides Navarro wrote:
> We are working on the reimplementation of our language AWED. We heard
> that the abc team was working on a reimplementation of abc using
> JastAdd. We are interested in reusing such implementation.

Hi Luis,

Yes, that's right. Our reimplementation of abc is currently
feature-complete and compiles many AspectJ programs, but there are still
a number of bugs to fix. We are are planning to release it soon, and
certainly before the AOSD conference.

If you would like to begin building on the new Jastadd-based abc
straight away, then we are willing to provide you with access to our
software repositories so that you can track the latest development version.

Our repositories are in the process of being converted to SVN. If all
goes according to plan, we would be able to provide you with access by
Monday evening.

Julian and Torbjorn
   on behalf of the abc team