[abc-users] Problem compiling code to generate new extension

From: Oram, Damon <d.oram@lancaster.ac.uk>
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 09:48:00 GMT

Hi

I am looking at the abc compiler for an msc project I am undertaking. I
am currently looking at the steps needed to extend the aspectj language
using abc by taking loopsaj as an example. As another learning
exercise, I have taken the code for the global pointcut from eaj and am
trying to use this as a single extension. In both cases, I am getting
as far as generating the parse files but am running into a small issue
when compiling the final code:

Exception in thread "main" polyglot.util.InternalCompilerError:
unhandled except
ion during compilation
        at abc.main.Main.run(Main.java:568)
        at abc.main.Main.main(Main.java:196)
Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError

Is this a common issue? I am very new to abc so it it not of the
question that the issue lies with me. I would be grateful for any he

Damon Oram
Systems Analyst/Programmer
Corporate Information Systems
Computer Centre