Re: [abc-users] Polyglot error in abc-1.*

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden@mail.mcgill.ca>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 06:17:12 BST

Hmmm, this is really odd. As far as I can tell, this has nothing to do
with what you are suggesting. There seems to be something strange
going on.

Line 54 of ExtensionInfo.java (last line in your trace) looks as follows:

public static final polyglot.frontend.Pass.ID COLLECT_SOURCE_FILES =
new polyglot.frontend.Pass.ID("collect-source-files");

This is the only location where an object of type Enum (ID extends
Enum) is created with that name. Now *usually* this should only occur
exactly once, because it's a final static variable. The only scenario
I could at all think of where this code could be executed multiple
times is if multiple class loaders load the same class twice.

Does that raise ring bells on your side? I am not sure, but I guess
it's some rather subtle build issue...

Sorry if I can't be of more help. Does anybody else have some more
input on this?

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group
McGill University, Montréal, Canada