Re: [abc-users] capturing aspects

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden_at_mail.mcgill.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:06:54 -0700

> The block pointcut is my own creation that represents a basic block.
> I tested the program using just the execution pointcut, and everything went
> well.

Oh, I kind of missed that you were using an extended version of abc.
Anyway, it seems like the method addParameterToMethod(...) requires
that the first statement of any non-static method is an identity
statement of the form "v = @this;". I think we decided that this is a
too strong requirement: We said that *if* there is an identity
statement *then* it must be the first statement but it is legal to
have no identity statement at all.

So I guess there is two things that need to be done here: Firstly
somebody of us should fix addParameterToMethod(...) accordingly.
Julian or Pavel, could you look into this? I am on a conference right
now and have no access to appropriate tools.

Secondly, Amjad you should make sure that you actually generate
correct woven code. You can check a JimpleBody by calling validate()
on that body. If you enable the "-debug doValidate" option then abc
should do this automatically for you.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group
McGill University, Montréal, Canada