Re: [abc-users] Re: compiler error when compiling berkeley DB

From: Pavel Avgustinov <pavel.avgustinov_at_magd.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:35:05 +0000

Hi Thomas,

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 13:31:12 Thomas Pawlitzki wrote:
> I am not so firm in the usage of soot and polyglot:
>
> I tried with the following command:
>
> java -cp lib\sootclasses-custom.jar;lib\polyglot.jar;lib\java_cup.jar;
> soot.Main -src-prec java -process-dir ..\berkeley\je-2.1.30\src -d
> soot -soot-classpath ..\berkeley\je-2.1.30\src
>
> But i received the following error:
>
> Soot started on Tue Mar 11 14:24:58 CET 2008
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException:
> Aborting: can't find classfile java.lang.Object

You need the rt.jar on the classpath...

> I already checked out the HEAD branch of abc. But i can not figure out
> how to use JastAddJ as front end. I found the project which includes
> this front end but i do not know how to integrate it in the build
> process.

In your checkout, you'll find the abc-ja directory. You can just run 'ant' in
that directory to build the JastAdd frontend (you may need to copy
ant.settings.template to ant.settings).

You can then use this frontend by running "java abc.main.Main -ext abc.ja",
that is, it is simply an extension that is used like any other. Of course,
the relevant classes/ directories (or jars) need to be on your classpath for
this to work -- you'll need abc-complete.jar and abc-ja/classes (or
abc-ja.jar if you run 'ant jar').

Hope this helps,
- Pavel