Re: [abc-users] Re: compiler error when compiling berkeley DB

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:10:46 +0100

Hey Pavel,

> > I am not so firm in the usage of soot and polyglot:
[...]
> You need the rt.jar on the classpath...

Now I was able to run soot on the berkeley-sources.
And i receive the same error as when i run abc on berkeley 2.1.30.

 [java] CursorImpl.java:1538-1542: Missing return statement.
 [java] compilation failed: Could not compile

So it seems as if soot works not correct at this point.

Also the compilation of Berkeley 2.0.90 run in the same
NullPointerException abc runs into. So again it seems as if soot is
the cause of the error.

I checked the soot homepage and noticed that there is a newer Version
of soot as it is included in abc (abc = 2.2.3, soot-latest = 2.2.4)
Perhaps a change to the latest version will fix some errors. (But
perhaps this switch is not so simple).

The same applies to polyglot. In abc the version 1.3.0 is included.
The latest 1.x.x version is 1.3.5. But there is also 2.3.0 available.
(For this version also a Java5 extension is available)

Is it possible to update to a newer version of soot and/or polyglot with ease?

> You can then use this frontend by running "java abc.main.Main -ext abc.ja",
> that is, it is simply an extension that is used like any other. Of course,
> the relevant classes/ directories (or jars) need to be on your classpath for
> this to work -- you'll need abc-complete.jar and abc-ja/classes (or
> abc-ja.jar if you run 'ant jar').

Ok, now i got it.

I build the abc-ja.jar successfuly.

But when i run abc with the extension abc.ja i receive the following error:

[java] The import abc.ja.parse.JavaParser cannot be resolved
[java] Terminals cannot be resolved
[java] Terminals cannot be resolved
..... (many of these lines) .....
[java] Terminals cannot be resolved
[java] Terminals cannot be resolved
[java]
[java] at abc.ja.AbcExtension.<init>(AbcExtension.java:6)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
Method)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
[java] at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
[java] at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
[java] at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
[java] at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
[java] at abc.main.Main.loadAbcExtension(Main.java:741)
[java] at abc.main.Main.parseArgs(Main.java:404)
[java] at abc.main.Main.<init>(Main.java:159)
[java] at abc.main.Main.main(Main.java:143)

Did I forget something?
I looked into the abc-ja.jar and I found the indicated class
abc.ja.parse.JavaParser in the jar.

Greetings,
Thomas