Re: [abc-users] Re: compiler error when compiling berkeley DB

From: Pavel Avgustinov <pavel.avgustinov_at_magd.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:24 +0000

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the delay in resolving this. svn HEAD should now be able to compile
berkeley-db, with one caveat: There's a long-standing bug in (polyglot and)
soot about the detection of checked exception in the presence of nested
classes, and unfortunately that's triggered by BDB. To get compilation to
succeed without "Exception X must be caught or declared to be thrown", pass
abc the "-debug dontCheckExceptions" flag.

Sorry about this; resolving it has been on our todo list for a while but
doesn't look quite that easy.

HTH,
- P