[abc-users] PerTarget implementation

From: Antoine Marot <amarot_at_ulb.ac.be>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:58:01 +0200

Hello,

I was having fun with abc and looking at the generated code with Dava
when I noticed an odd code generation policy. Indeed, pertarget aspect
instances are retrieved by calling a method on targets themselves.
This implies that a method has to be introduced in the class of the
target.

Therefore, it is impossible to have aspect instances for unweavable
classes. I guess the implementation is made this way to speed up the
instance retrieval but isn't that an unnecessary limitation ?

Is there another reason to not allow aspect instances for unweavable
classes ?

Kind regards,

Antoine