Re: (long) Re: SableCC hangs when 'compiling' a grammar

"Etienne M. Gagnon" wrote:
> main:
>   [1] java.util.Vector.elementAt (Vector.java:419)
>   [2] org.sablecc.sablecc.DFA.match (DFA.java:96)

There is no reason why SableCC should still be using "Vector", as it is
"synchonized" and SableCC is not meant to be multithreaded.  I think the
Collection API provides an ArrayList (or something similar) which
provides the functionality of Vector, but without synchronization.

I haven't fixed this because I don't have the time to do it.  If you
want (or anybody else) to implement this modification, please free to do
so using the current CVS snapshot.  (See
http://sf.net/projects/sablecc/).

Maybe this could get you past the VM bug (if it is really a bug related
to locks).

Etienne
Etienne M. Gagnon, M.Sc.                     e-mail: egagnon@j-meg.com
Author of SableCC:                             http://www.sablecc.org/