SableCC grammar?

I notice that the SableCC grammar in the Sourceforge repository at

   CVSROOT/grammars/SableCC/grammar/sablecc-2x.sablecc

does not actually generate the Java sources that are in

   CVSROOT/sablecc/src/org/sablecc/sablecc/{analysis,lexer,node,parser}

Is there a good reason for this?  Is there some way that you could post
the real grammar that was used to generate the SableCC sources in the CVS
repository (or, alternatively, better sources that work with the grammar
that's provided)?  I am considering modifying SableCC itself for my own
purposes, and this is difficult without a matching grammar file and
sources.

~k.lee