Re: SableCC subversion repository

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 03:28:33PM -0400, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> I have completed the migration of the historical SableCC development
> repository to a new Subversion server.  Subversion is a follow-up
> to CVS that is much better. (http://subversion.tigris.org/)

By "historical" do you mean all all the old versions of SableCC? By "old" I
mean versions upto and including 2.17.3, but neither 2.17.4 nor 2.18.1. If
so, is ordinary CVS read and write access via sourceforge still available
for versions 2.17.4 and 2.18.1?

I (and many others) run stable Debian GNU/Linux (Woody), which has no
subversion client. Subversion for Linux also requires kernel versions 2.4
and above, and the standard kernel for Woody is still version 2.2.

If the new versions are not available using ordinary CVS read acces via
sourceforge, this stymies any efforts to keep track of SableCC development
using the most stable Linux platform available.

> Write access to this repository is *not* managed through SourceForge,
> so in order to recover write access (if you had write access
> to SourceForge's SableCC CVS repository), you should send me an
> ssh public key, ideally signed with your GPG key.

This stymies any efforts to contribute to SableCC development using the most
stable Linux platform available. I'm not at all sure that this is a good
policy. Has any thought been put into workarounds for this problem?

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/