Re: Where's jasmin-sable license?

Grzegorz B. Prokopski <gadek@debian.org> wrote:
> And here I have major showstopper. I was told that Jasmin's author
> agreed to release Jasmin under LGPL which became jasmin-sable branch.

You were told?  I found it in the README itself:

Jasmin README file                         May 3, 2001, Patrick Lam

Welcome to Jasmin version sable-1.1.

This is a specialized version of jasmin which is used as a back end for the
Soot framework.

Note that with permission from Jonathan Meyer, this package is distributed
under the GNU Library General Public License and so can be distributed with
Soot.

> However I am not able to find the license in the sources or even ex.
> a copy of the email from the author, in which he agreed to relicense
> his code under LGPL (not to mention that in such case the text of
> LGPL should be included, at least into the source package).

The text of the LGPL is indeed included in license.html.

Are you sure you're looking at the right package?  I downloaded it
from:

http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/software/jasmin-sable-1.2.jar

Cheers,
Navin.