Where's jasmin-sable license?

Hello!

For automatic testing of SableVM during builds on various Debian
architectures I need to package jasmin, to be able to package the
Bytecode Testing Framework used for these tests. I wanted to use
jasmin-sable-1.2 for that.

And here I have major showstopper. I was told that Jasmin's author
agreed to release Jasmin under LGPL which became jasmin-sable branch.
However I am not able to find the license in the sources or even ex.
a copy of the email from the author, in which he agreed to relicense
his code under LGPL (not to mention that in such case the text of
LGPL should be included, at least into the source package).

Without such license all I can do is to use upstream's version, which
is GPLed and possibly more buggy, so I am not terribly happy about
it (though it's much better than copyrighted and thus non-distributable
software).

I need a bit of help here.

Thanks in advance

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski