Re: How to use Soot for java inter-classes analysis?

Hi,

Soot does support interprocedural analysis. You can, for example, build a callgraph, extend SceneTransformer, and iterate over the reachable methods in some fashion using callGraph.getReachableMethods(), even mixing this with an intraprocedural analysis.

I suggest you read the Soot tutorials at:

http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/

and pay attention to the parts about "whole program optimization" and "whole program transformation". You might also refer to the Soot API:

http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/index.html

If you mean something other than interprocedural analysis by "inter-classes analysis", you'll need to clarify what it is exactly that you want to do.

Cheers,
Chris

dkim wrote:
Hi,
I am studying data flow analysis.
I'd like to make java inter-classes analysis.
Does Soot Framework support this?
If it does, how to use Soot?
Is there any work like this already?