[Soot-list] Can I get name at java source from jimple Value?

Guillaume Salagnac Guillaume.Salagnac at imag.fr
Fri Dec 10 09:02:02 EST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Jung-joon Kim wrote:

> Of course, Class file from which I got jimple code is compile with
> full debugging information option (javac option -g).

Ow. I just realized that in my Makefile I had forgotten the -g flag when
compiling my test cases. That's why there were no variable names at all
in the bytecode.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> What do you mean?  The variable names are already preserved for me in
> Soot trunk (to be released soon), except where the variables need to
> be split (in which case number indices are appended).  I'm testing
> this with:
>
> soot.Main -f shimple -p jb use-original-names ShimpleTest

Now it works perfectly. I was missing something so obvious that I didn't
understand the problem on my own.

Thanks for your patience,
Sorry for the noise,
-G

--
Guillaume Salagnac
Equipe "Systèmes Temporisés et Hybrides." Verimag. Grenoble. France.