[Soot-list] Can I get name at java source from jimple Value?

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 10 07:56:55 EST 2004

Hi Guillaume,

Guillaume Salagnac <Guillaume.Salagnac at imag.fr> wrote:
> By the way, is there any hope to get this behaviour with shimple (-ws) ?
> I tried -p jb keep-original-names but it seems that variable names are
> lost during the "translation" into SSA form.

What do you mean?  The variable names are already preserved for me in
Soot trunk (to be released soon), except where the variables need to
be split (in which case number indices are appended).  I'm testing
this with:

soot.Main -f shimple -p jb use-original-names ShimpleTest

Or do you mean you want it to preserve the original variable names
when you translate *out* of SSA? Or do you have something else in
mind?

Cheers,
Navin.