[Soot-list] Can I use soot with jdk 1.5's generic feature

Prof. Laurie HENDREN hendren at sable.mcgill.ca
Thu Nov 18 06:41:51 EST 2004

Hi Jung-joon,

If I understand correctly, you are only proposing using jdk 1.5 for
building an application with Soot - but you are going to use this
application to analyze pre 1.5 classes.     I don't see any problem
doing this,  just make sure you use appropriate classpaths.   You don't
want your soot application to analyze the jdk 1.5 standard library,   but
rather the library matching the classes you are analyzing.

Cheers, Laurie

| Laurie Hendren, Professor, School of Computer Science       |
| McGill University                                           |
| 318 McConnell Engineering Building      tel: (514) 398-7391 |
| 3480 University Street                  fax: (514) 398-3883 |
| Montreal, Quebec H3A 2A7               hendren at cs.mcgill.ca |
| CANADA                  http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/~hendren |