[Soot-list] getThisLocal(), CHA on soot.Main

Saswat Anand saswat at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Oct 10 00:57:07 EDT 2004

> > It occurs when I use jdk1.3. With JDK1.4 it runs to completion, although it
> > takes quite sometime (28 mins) on a 2.8 GHz P4 with 512m. But since soot 2.1
> > needs JDK1.4, this may not be a bug -- it crashes with a msg saying unable
> > to resolve super class or interface for some jdk class.
>
> Soot in general should work with the 1.3 JDK. The Java to Jimple part
> might depend on 1.4, but I'm not sure.

In that case, I will try to reproduce the bug.

> Use the option:
>   -process-dir DIR             Process all classes found in DIR

Thanks.

> The -i option prevents any class whose full name (including package)
> begins with the specified string from being turned into a library
> class. So, antlr.Foo will be matched by both "antlr." and "antlr", but
> antlrfoo.Bar will be matched by "antlr" but not "antlr.".

"-i antlr." does not match antlr.Foo. Looking into the generated files for
options and tracing where -i option is taken care of, I see that line 724
of Scene.java checks -
s.getPackageName().startsWith( pkg ).

Here s will be "antlr.Foo" and pkg is "antlr." -- evaluates to false!

Saswat