[Soot-list] CFG: RuntimeException: Attempting to push a non-constant cp entry

John Jorgensen jorgnsn at lcd.uregina.ca
Wed Sep 22 02:50:48 EDT 2004

>>>>> "slusanschi" == Emil Slusanschi <slusanschi at sc.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

    slusanschi> I have a problem: when I try to use the -w (or -W
    slusanschi> for that matter) flag with a very small class [...]
    slusanschi> with the following command line:
    slusanschi> java soot.Main -w  -f jimple --soot-classpath \
    slusanschi>  .:/home/af016es/work/java/j2sdk1.5.0/jre/lib/rt.jar \
    slusanschi> :gnu-crypto-2.0.1-bin/lib/javax-crypto.jar Test

    slusanschi> I get the following Runtime Exception: [...]

    slusanschi> and I don't know why. Am I doing something wrong,
    slusanschi> or is this a bug in CFG.java in the coffi
    slusanschi> implementation?

I'm not sure what's going on either, but it seems to be a bug in
Soot which is triggered by j2sdk 1.5.0, so if you do not need any
of the features added in 1.5, you can work around the bug
temporarily by using an earlier release of Java.

    slusanschi> I also don't understand exactly why is it the
    slusanschi> gnu-crypto-2.0.1-bin/lib/javax-crypto.jar
    slusanschi> needed. Is there a reason for this? Other than
    slusanschi> "it's a dependency that needs to be satisfied"?

Presumably the whole program analysis produces some dependency on
the cryptography library, a dependency which also seems to be new
with 1.5.0.

Incidentally, I think you could have substituted
...  /j2sdk1.5.0/jre/jce.jar for the gnu-crypto
jar, if you wanted to use Sun's implementation.