[Soot-list] Re: soot-dev: SAT solver problem

Richard Stahl richard.stahl at imec.be
Wed Sep 22 04:22:43 EDT 2004

Hi Ondrej,

> find soot/generated/jedd -name '*.jedd' | xargs touch

Did you mean '*.java'? there are no jedd files in generated ...

Yet another issue: I have got through the jedd but:

compile:
     [javac] Compiling 2211 source files to /java/soot-dev-1818/classes

     [javac] The system is out of resources.
     [javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
     [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

When I use verbose i see that it fails on:

/java/soot-dev-1818/generated/jedd/soot/util/queue/BDDReader.java

I used javac build 1.4.2_05-b04.

If I use jikes 1.18 I get:

compile:
     [javac] Compiling 2211 source files to
/home/stahlr/java/soot-dev-1818/classes
     [javac]
/home/stahlr/java/soot-dev-1818/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/annotation/callgraph/CallGraphTagger.java:33:
reference to MethodToContexts is ambiguous, both class
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.MethodToContexts in
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph and class soot.MethodToContexts in soot match
     [javac]     private MethodToContexts methodToContexts;
     [javac]             ^
     [javac]
/home/stahlr/java/soot-dev-1818/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/annotation/qualifiers/TightestQualifiersTagger.java:46:
reference to MethodToContexts is ambiguous, both class
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.MethodToContexts in
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph and class soot.MethodToContexts in soot match
     [javac]     private MethodToContexts methodToContexts;
     [javac]             ^
     [javac]
/home/stahlr/java/soot-dev-1818/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/annotation/callgraph/CallGraphGrapher.java:39:
reference to MethodToContexts is ambiguous, both class
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.MethodToContexts in
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph and class soot.MethodToContexts in soot match
     [javac]     private MethodToContexts methodToContexts;
     [javac]             ^

Could you, please, tell me how to adjust javac that it does not go out
of memory or better what kind of compiler should I use?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Richard