[Soot-list] Exception when specifying use-original-names:true in whole-shimple mode

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 27 11:49:55 EDT 2004

> Off the top of my head, it sounds like a bug somewhere (maybe not in
> Shimple though) because even if Jimple is using original names, SSA
> should subsequently do the variable splitting.
>
> I'll take a look at it later today.

I officially cannot reproduce this problem using Soot 2.1.0 (with the
previous patch) and the test case you sent me.  The final file seems
to be correctly output in Shimple.

Do you get the same error if you use -w instead of -ws?

Very weird...  unfortunately if I can't reproduce it, there's not much
I can do.

[navindra at string ~/soot/tmp/guillaume] java -Xmx800m soot.Main -ws -f S -p jb use-original-names:true Test01
Soot started on Mon Sep 27 11:45:06 EDT 2004
[Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use the verbose option to the cg phase.
Transforming Test01...
Writing to sootOutput/Test01.shimple
Soot finished on Mon Sep 27 11:47:41 EDT 2004
Soot has run for 2 min. 35 sec.

Cheers,
Navin.