[Soot-list] Def-Use Analysis in Soot

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath vranganath at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 4 19:02:17 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 14:36 -0500, Ananta Tiwari wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I am doing def-use analysis using Soot. For intra-procedural analysis,
> it is fairly easy (can use SimpleLocalDefs and SimpleLocalUses on
> JimpleBody). However, inter-class def-use analysis in not so trivial.
> I am wondering if someone has already done some work in this regard.

Such an analysis provided as part of libraries from project Indus
(http://indus.projects.cis.ksu.edu).  As these libraries are built on
top of Jimple, an IR from Soot, you can utilize the analyses provided by
Indus provided you are relying on Jimple as well.

Hope that helps,

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath,
Kansas State University.
web: http://www.cis.ksu.edu/~rvprasad