[Soot-list] Java 1.4 libraries and native methods

Manu Sridharan manu_s at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 10 14:38:22 EST 2005

Hi,

It seems that the native method models in Soot (those in
soot.jimple.toolkits.pointer.nativemethods) are not for the Java 1.4
libraries.  For example, java.lang.Class.newInstance0 is not a native
method in 1.4, but
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0 is a native
method and is not modelled by Soot.  Is there any desire to update the
models to the 1.4 libraries, or will they be left in sync with the 1.3
libraries?  I'm guessing the 1.5 libraries might also be slightly
different than 1.4, so I'm not sure what the plan would be as far as
changing the models.  I'm glad to contribute to any planned update.  Thanks!

-Manu