[Soot-list] A question on ShimpleTransformer

Prakash Prabhu prakash.prabhu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:08:28 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am new user to SOOT . I was trying to use the -ws option for tranforming
the whole
program into SSA form and then to be able to work with the Shimple
representation to
perform some SSA optimizations. I ran soot.Main.java in Eclipse with the
following arguments:
-ws -output-format shimple --app MainClass

However, SOOT seemed to keep running for a long time. Upon debugging , it
looks like :
ShimpleTransformer.internalTransform() seems to keep constructing the
ShimpleBody
for each library method ( java.lang.ThreadLocal's methods, java.lang.Short's
methods
and so on ).

How do I make sure that all the library methods are excluded from SSA
generation ?
( though intuitively, all these libraries should be included, it is taking a
lot of time :-) )
Am I missing something while specifying the options ?

Also : How powerful are the API's for working with Shimple compared to that
for Jimple ? Do all the statements represented in Jimple have corresponding
statements in Jimple ? ( For eg, what is the Shimple equivalent of
JAssignStmt ? )

If there is some obvious documentation that I could not have seen, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Prakash