[Soot-list] A question on ShimpleTransformer

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 13 15:22:31 EDT 2005

Prakash Prabhu <prakash.prabhu at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I make sure that all the library methods are excluded from SSA
> generation ?
> ( though intuitively, all these libraries should be included, it is taking a
> lot of time :-) )
> Am I missing something while specifying the options ?

The current ShimpleTransformer might not let you do that.  It might be
possible to generate the Shimple bodies on demand though.  I'll take a
look later tonight.

> Also : How powerful are the API's for working with Shimple compared to that
> for Jimple ? Do all the statements represented in Jimple have corresponding
> statements in Jimple ? ( For eg, what is the Shimple equivalent of
> JAssignStmt ? )

The API is exactly the same...  you should use the Jimple API for most
statements, for Shimple-specific expressions like PhiExpr, you'll want
to use the Shimple API.

> If there is some obvious documentation that I could not have seen, please
> let me know.

The Shimple user guide probably needs to be brought up-to-date... I'll
get to that eventually.  If you have any questions in the meanwhile,
feel free to ask them on this list.

Cheers,
Navin.