[Soot-list] Soot-like tool for C# instead of Java

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Sun Dec 3 09:09:18 EST 2006

Hi, Elmar.

The only "tool" in this direction I am personally aware of is the Phoenix framework. As I understand it's (still?) much less powerful than Soot but I think since it's actively supported by Microsoft it should be making progress.

I don't know any details about it, however. Does anybody else know any other tools?

On the other hand I am wondering how different actually the bytecode representation of Microsoft's CIL is from Java bytecode. Could there be something like a CIL <-> Jimple bridge? Maybe pretty ambitious but I like the idea...

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University
Montréal, Québec, Canada