[Soot-list] Is there anybody taking care of Soot bug reports?

Sunny sunfire001 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 21:41:18 EDT 2006

Hi Eric,

I did the following experiment using Feng Qian's example. This is the
MainDriver.java with one more line added (second to last line):

public class MainDriver {

    /* check the arguments */
    if (args.length == 0) {
      System.err.println("Usage: java MainDriver [options] classname");
      System.exit(0);
    }

    /* add a phase to transformer pack by call Pack.add */
    Pack jtp = PackManager.v().getPack("jtp");
    jtp.add(new Transform("jtp.instrumenter",
     new InvokeStaticInstrumenter()));

    /* Give control to Soot to process all options,
     * InvokeStaticInstrumenter.internalTransform will get called.
     */
    PhaseOptions.v().setPhaseOption("jb", "use-original-names:true");
    soot.Main.main(args);
I ran this driver within DOS: java MainDriver TestInvoke and the program
just worked fine. I also printed every statment in the
InvokeStaticInstrumenter and it seems that original names are preserved.

Then exactly the same code, does not in Eclipse. This means that I create a
java project in eclipse and import these four .java files. When I ran the
MainDriver (with only TestInvoke the program arguments), it produced the
same error I reported earlier. But if I remove the line:

PhaseOptions.v().setPhaseOption("jb", "use-original-names:true");

It worked again.

As you pointed out, run the MainDriver in an Eclipse java project and in DOS
are equivalent, right? I think they are equivalent too but why the latter
approach does not work? Thank you for your time.

Sunny