[Soot-list] Decompiling Class file

saswat at cc.gatech.edu saswat at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 6 14:25:36 EDT 2006

Hello,

I want to decompile the class files produced by soot. Dava fails to do so
-- it even fails to decompile java.lang.String of jdk1.3. I tried jode,
but it fails too -- apparently it makes some artificial assumptions about
how bytecodes should arranged.

So I wanted to request somebody familiar with dava to see if it is easy to
fix the bug (decompiling java.lang.String).

Also I wanted to check if somebody on this list has to decompile
soot-generated class files and has any recommendation on the decompiler to
use.

Thanks very much.
Saswat