[Soot-list] IMPORTANT - problem with SourceLocator

mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 6 15:55:22 EST 2006

Hello,

There seems to be an incorrect assumption in the SourceLocator
(getSourceForClass method). It explicitly strips the class name being
looked up of anything trailing a '$' (assuming it is an inner class of the
form outclass$innerclass). This presumption cannot be made, of course,
because _any_ class can contain a '$'.

I propose to first check for an inner class and, if that does not exist,
check for a regular class of the given (full) name. I don't want to go
ahead and jam a fix in until I ask if anyone knows of any unwanted
side-effects of this fix. Suggestions?

Michael