[Soot-list] Interprocedural flow analysis

Andy Maule a.maule at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 06:11:16 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm a bit of a beginner with Soot, and I'm having a little trouble. I'll
describe the problem I want to solve, and then hopefully someone might be
able give me some advice on how to solve it.

I want to do some full program reachability analysis. I have a set of local
variables. I want to trace the reachability of each of these variables and
see where they are used. In particular I want to know everywhere in the
program where they are either modified, or passed as arguments to some
specific methods that I'm interested in.

So far I've extracted all the local definitions that I'm interested in. I
now need to find some interprocedural way of doing the flow analysis to
trace these definitions and see where they intercept methods that I'm
interested in.

I'm currently looking into the
soot.jimple.toolkits.annotation.purity.PurityIntraproceduralAnalysis class
for inspiration. It's a bit difficult to follow, as I'm so new to soot, so
any help would be appreciated. Especially letting me know if I'm heading in
the right direction.

Thanks

Andy Maule