[Soot-list] Re(de)compilation of unmodified .class files

Mario Mendez mario at cs.unm.edu
Wed Apr 11 01:11:34 EDT 2007

For each .class C I want to generate another file C' in some arbitrary
representation. So, for the example described so far, if the application
is just files A and B, I will output A' and B'. Therefore, if B did not
change, there is no point in generating the same B' again.

Summary of my goal, then: for each classfile C that did change since
last compilation, I want to generate a C'. That is independent of
whether C is an application or library class: if it can be reached from
the main and it changed, I would like to run my Transformer on it.

The question, again, is whether this "on-demand" transform is provided
already in Soot in some way.