[Soot-list] Scene transform: wjtp

J Malcolm malcolm at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 9 01:08:25 EST 2007

I want to do a Shimple analysis on all class files at once.  From what I
understand, I want to insert a wstp like so:

    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        PackManager.v().getPack("wstp").add(new Transform("wstp.ssa",
                                                          SSA.v()));
        soot.Main.main(args);
    }

But how do I run this now?  I found on some old postings that another
guy had the same problem and was told he needed to now pass in the '-w'
flag to do whole program optimizations.  But when I include '-w' as an
option, I get the following exception.  I know jce.jar and jsse.jar are
in my classpath, in the same directory as rt.jar.

    java Main -w -f s -p wstp.ssa on Main
    Soot started on Fri Feb 09 00:43:48 EST 2007
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn't find class: javax.crypto.Cipher (is your soot-class-path set properly?)
        at soot.SootResolver.bringToHierarchy(SootResolver.java:139)
        at soot.SootResolver.bringToSignatures(SootResolver.java:172)
        at soot.SootResolver.bringToBodies(SootResolver.java:214)
        at soot.SootResolver.processResolveWorklist(SootResolver.java:100)
        at soot.SootResolver.resolveClass(SootResolver.java:89)
        at soot.Scene.tryLoadClass(Scene.java:298)
        at soot.Scene.loadBasicClasses(Scene.java:848)
        at soot.Scene.loadNecessaryClasses(Scene.java:874)
        at soot.Main.run(Main.java:170)
        at soot.Main.main(Main.java:146)
        at Main.main(Main.java:14)

Any suggestions?