[Soot-list] How to convert Jimple to Java Source Code

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath vranganath at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 3 11:17:29 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 10:44 -0400, Barthelemy Dagenais wrote:
> Hi Fayezin,
>
> I ran into the same problem one year ago or so.
>
> You have basically two options:
>
> 1- You can convert jimple to java using Dava (use Soot with -src-pref jimple -f
> dava).
>
> 2- When using Indus/Soot, ensure that line numbers are preserved in the jimple
> output (e.g. with the -keep-line-number option). Then, if you have access to the
> original java source file, you can create an /imperfect/ mapping between the
> sliced jimple files and the original java files. This is certainly not
> sufficient to produce compilable java, but this might be better for program
> understanding than Dava. I think this is still the solution used by Kaveri
> (Eclipse Indus plug-in) to highlight the sliced lines in the java editor.

Yes, Kaveri uses the latter (2) option to map between Jimple and Java.
As mentioned by Barthelemy, this mapping is lossy but it has been
sufficient in Kaveri.  Nevertheless, I am interested in learning about
alternatives to map Jimple to Java.  So, please feel free to post your
suggestions on Indus forums as well.

--

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath
e-id: venkateshprasad.ranganath [at] gmail.com