[Soot-list] Problem with classpath / J2ME

mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue May 22 20:26:41 EDT 2007

> I'm trying to use soot for optimizing the PhoneME CLDC 1.0 core classes.
>
> throws this exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: This operation
> requires resolving level HIERARCHY but java.lang.Cloneable is at

Marco,

This sounds like one of our classic Soot classpath issues. You can search
the mailing-list archives for more info. Make sure that you have the java
libraries on your Soot classpath (note that I said Soot classpath, not the
JVM classpath). Usually this means including rt.jar from:

 $JAVA_HOME$/libs/rt.jar

etc, etc.

I am not familiar with PhoneME CLDC, but many Java classes are cloneable
and thus need to load the java.lang.Cloneable class from the runtime
library.

Cheers and good luck,

Michael Batchelder