[Soot-list] Java 1.5 source support

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 22 22:01:53 EDT 2007

Hi, Dimitrios.

No, unfortunately parsing of Java 1.5 source code is not yet
supported. *however* we do support processing of Java 5 bytecode. I
don't know if that's good enough for you (fur our purposes it always
is). In addition, there are some people working on a Java 1.5 frontend
(which will support parsing of source code) for the abc compiler
(which extends Soot) right now. From what I was told today it might be
ready by the end of the year. When this is done we should be easily
able to incorporate that into Soot.

Eric

On 22/10/2007, Dimitrios Prountzos <dprountz at cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if Soot currently supports
> parsing Java 1.5 source code. If not, are
> there any plans to provide this feature in the
> near future?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dimitris

Eric Bodden