[Soot-list] pruning the CG

Barthelemy Dagenais barthed at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 06:28:37 EDT 2008

Hi Irem, you might want to look at fragment class analysis
(http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=776816.776842) for some strategies on how
to do this.

Basically, you need at least one entry point (e.g., a main method that
initializes your classes and calls them). This is what fragment class analysis
is all about. For the classes that are called but for which you don't have the
bytecode, you can either rely on soot phantom classes (probably not recommended
from what I recall, the option is -allow-phantom-refs) or, as you said, create
your own dummy classes that do nothing.

Barthélémy