[Soot-list] instrumenting with soot class by class

David Vollmar kavika at the-dave.com
Thu Apr 17 14:37:20 EDT 2008

Eric,
nochmals recht herzlichen Dank fuer die schnelle Antwort.

Indeed, ideally I would like to prevent soot just from re-
instrumenting a class, but I can not see how that can be done easily
in the current infrastructure.

For instance, just taking the GotoInstrumenter example from the v223
subversion trunk  (tutorial/profiles/Main.java):
Assuming I want to instrument everything reachable from an entry point
using the '-app' option and assuming I had a cache for classes that is
already instrumented,
how would I skip instrumenting a particular class? If I check the
cache in internalTransform() and return from that method without any
changes, then
my instrumented class will be overwritten with the un-instrumented
version of the class. (Obviously the directory into which I place my
instrumented classes is not
part of my classpath when I run the instrumentation.)

Thanks!

David